- An Owl—definitely. Hard to pick one theme song, I have a few. Probably, Shatter Me by Lindsey Hall featuring Lzzy Hale
2) Do you listen to a specific playlist, album or song when writing? How does music factor into you writing process and the book's world?
- I love listening to music when I write. My playlist changes depending on the scene. Sometimes I can just turn on the radio and listen to whatever is playing. However, some scenes require a darker playlist. My favorite playlist has some Flyleaf, Evanescence, Marilyn Manson, Papa Roach, Halestorm, Within Temptation, and other similar groups.
3) What question do you wish readers would ask? What is the answer?
- I wish readers would ask me if I am happy with my book. The truth is, yes and no. I’m proud of myself for following through with it—Angelic Anarchy was my debut novel. The reason it took so long to write, is fear. I was terrified to put myself out there and become vulnerable to criticism. I love the story and I love my characters. They mean so much to me. However, I don’t feel like I did them justice. Something I heard a few times is that Angelic Anarchy started kind of slow but then took off halfway through and finished strong. I’ve learned so much about writing and my weaknesses. I’d like to go back and revise it at some point. The constructive criticism I learned from beta readers and reviewers helped me see my writing with more clarity. I’ve taken everything I’ve learned and applied it to Book 2—it seems to flow at a much more natural pace. I hope I continue to improve with each project.
4) What kind of research do you do and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?
- I do some research—mostly in regards to the origins of legends and myths. I spent maybe a few hours total researching for both Book 1 and Book 2. I have spent considerably more time with my new series that I hope to release in late summer.
5) What did you edit out of this book?
- Oh, wow. With Angelic Anarchy being my first release it needed a lot of editing! I had so many things that I ended up removing because I went off on some wild tangent that had nothing to do with the plot. There were some witches, spells, and vampires. It was all kinds of craziness. I also had a bad habit describing every. single. detail. of everything—down to the cup color and different color strands of hair on someone’s head. LOL, it was bad. I feel so bad for my editor—the original manuscript was a mess!
6) Do you hide any secrets in your books that only a few people will find?
- There are few little phrases and sentimental details that my husband and family will notice. Even one of the names has familial connection.
7) If you had to do it all again, would you change anything in your books?
- Perhaps a few tiny details about the overall story but the main changes I would make are related to writing techniques.
8) How did you come up with the idea for your book?
- I had a strange dream that I was trying to make sense of and before I knew it I had the entire outline for a book.
9) If someone is brand new to your work, what book do you think they should start with?
- Well, probably Angelic Anarchy since it’s my only book (ha)—at least until book 2 releases in April.
10) What's your favorite underappreciated romance novel?
- I have this secret love of Victoria Holt books—one of my favorite go-to books is The House of a Thousand Lanterns--Still crazy about Joliffe (swoon).
Connect with J.P.: Website | Facebook | Twitter
J.P.'s Newest Paranormal Romance: Angelic Anarchy
Belleeza isn’t the angel your parents told you about as a child. She’s a weapon. A warrior. But even warriors have their weaknesses—and even warriors can have their hearts broken. Betrayed by the only man she’s ever loved, Belleeza throws herself into an unusual mission to find a missing teenage boy. But the treacherous path she finds herself on could lead her closer towards the darkness than she had ever imagined—perhaps even into the depths of Hell itself. And what about Colton, the beautiful angel turned demon who trampled all over her heart?
Betrayals, secrets, torture, and passion. Be careful what you wish for—Heaven on Earth might just be more than you bargained for.
Available Here: Amazon | BN | Kobo