by Belinda Williams
I met my husband quite young, so can’t say I had a lengthy or specific list at that stage of my life. However, meeting my husband at such an early age definitely surprised me at the time. I wasn’t one of those young women who dreamed of settling down and starting a family and figured there would be plenty of time for that later. And by my early twenties I was married! It made me realise that when it’s right, it’s right.
So while I don’t have a wish list when it comes to the man in my life, today I’m sharing my general ‘life’ wish list.
Belinda Williams’ Wish List:
- A partner. While I didn’t necessarily plan on getting married young, I did dream of finding a partner in crime to journey through life with. STATUS: tick!
- Travel before having kids. So this was one I was pretty passionate about. I didn’t do a lot of travel growing up so it was important I got to see the world before other commitments took hold. STATUS: tick! I’ve toured the UK, Europe and the US, which were the major destinations on my wish list. Of course, there’s always plenty of other places to visit and I hope to do more travel as my son grows older.
- Live overseas. I liked the idea of experiencing another culture in a way that only someone who lives there can. STATUS: tick! I lived in Norway for three months when my husband’s job took us there. It was an awesome experience and inspired part of Christa’s story in The Boyfriend Sessions. However, three months wasn’t a really long time, so I’d definitely be open to immersing myself in another destination if the opportunity ever came up.
- Drive on a racetrack. If you’ve read any of my books you might notice that sometimes cars get more than a passing mention. This is because I grew up around cars so it was important to me that I knew what it was like on a racetrack. Status: tick! In our twenties, my husband and I bought a track car. I never officially competed in any races but I did a number of track days, which were a fantastic experience.
- Own a boat. Another childhood memory of mine is long summer days at the river zooming around in my grandparent’s speedboat. Fast-forward a couple of decades and I find myself married to a naval architect! Status: tick! Last year we finally bought ourselves a small speedboat and we’re loving it.
- Write a book. Like many authors, as a kid I always had my head in a book. By the time I was a teenager this had evolved to writing short stories. But I gave all that up when the time came to be a responsible adult and I went to university. After a decade working in marketing, the creative bug bit again so I put pen to paper again and now I can say: Status: tick!
- Drive a Lamborghini. Sadly my writing efforts haven’t yet earned me enough money to buy a fancy supercar. And while my husband is perfect in many ways, he’s not rich (maybe I should have had a man wish list after all? Just joking, honey). Anyway, because I appreciate cars, I’d love to drive or even be driven around in a Lamborghini one day. Status: pending.
I hope you enjoy Wish List!
Her other addictions include music and cars. Belinda’s eclectic music taste forms the foundation of many of her writing ideas and her healthy appreciation for fast cars means she would not so secretly love a Lamborghini. For now she’ll have to settle with her son’s Hot Wheels collection and writing hot male leads with sports cars.
Belinda lives in Sydney and blogs regularly about writing and reading.
Connect with Belinda: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
Belinda's Newest Release: Wish List
Cate Harmon likes lists. While this may serve her well as a financial planner, her girlfriends think that creating a checklist for her ideal man is going a step too far. But she has one, and she’s sticking to it.
Cate has always dreamed of starting a family and settling down and yet she’s the only one of her close knit friendship group still unattached. But that doesn’t mean she’s going to lower her standards.
Enter Dave, a reformed bad boy with gorgeous hair and eyes the wrong color. Dave doesn’t tick any of the boxes on Cate’s list. It’s unthinkable that she would develop feelings for him, and yet … Cate finds herself being drawn to Dave in a way she’s never felt before.
Will Cate confront the reasons behind her list? Or will she risk losing a man who could be better than any list she could ever dream up?
This romance where opposites attract is perfect for fans of Rachel Gibson, Susan Mallery, Victoria Dahl, and Susan Elizabeth Phillips.
Available Here: Amazon