by Joy Nash
When that happens, it’s time for Beta to step it up and grab a little limelight (and a little love) for himself. Now, Beta isn’t as flashy as Alpha, and he’s certainly not as arrogant and self-assured, but I have a feeling that once you get to know him, he’s going to capture your heart. Here’s why:
- Okay, so Alpha’s got the money and the looks. And the body. And the connections. And the gorgeous estate. And the killer smile. And maybe even a private jet. Sheesh—this guy’s got everything! Beta? Not so much. He doesn’t have money to burn. Doors don’t spring open when they see him coming. He’s not bad looking, but he’s no Mr. Universe. Because of this, Beta tends to be smarter, more creative, and more resourceful than Alpha. He knows if he screws up, he can’t just buy his way out. Beta’s thoughtful. Deliberate. A problem-solver. He’s the man you want on your team. If you were on an episode of Survivor, Beta’s the very last guy you’d vote off the island.
- Admit it: Alpha is a bit conceited. Beta isn’t. With Beta, you don’t need to play hard to get because he’s so used to women throwing themselves at him. If you turn Beta down for a date, he’s not going to chase you down because he can’t take no for an answer. You see, Beta *can* take no for an answer, and no hard feelings. But if you say yes, he won’t take you for granted. He’ll treat you with respect. He’ll believe the things you tell him, even when they’re things he doesn’t want to hear. You’re not an object or a possession to Beta. You’re a person.
- Alpha’s a powerful guy. He’s got servants. He’s got hangers-on. He’s got freaking minions, and I don’t mean the adorable yellow gibberish-speaking kind. Beta doesn’t have any of that stuff. Instead, Beta has friends. Friends who like him for who he is. Friends who aren’t eyeing his bank account or hoping to be introduced around his country club. While Alpha’s sucking down martinis at power lunches, Beta’s hanging out with a few good buddies, drinking beer. When Beta needs to get a couch out of his apartment, he doesn’t call up an employee. He calls a friend, who comes right over because last winter, during Snowpocalypse, Beta showed up at his place with a shovel.
- One sure thing about Alpha, he’s always got a plan. He’s got things to do, places to go. People depend on him, and he depends on them—to advance his agenda. If you’re part of that agenda, great! You can help him out. But if you’ve got your own agenda—well, you’re probably gonna be on your own with it. Unless you ditch Alpha for Beta. Beta knows your goals are as valid as his. He’s willing to support you, help you out. In life, he’ll take the passenger seat half the time while you’re doing the driving. With Beta, you’re an equal partner, not an asset.
- Which brings us to my last point. Alpha and his burning need to be in charge. In charge of his career, his schedule, his leisure time and—usually—in charge of you. Beta, on the contrary, is not a control freak. He’s never gonna stalk you. He’s not going to threaten your old flames. He won’t lock you in a moldy dungeon, or put a tracker on your car, or check your phone history when you’re not looking. Oh, and unlike some famous Alphas we’ve read about, Beta *absolutely* will not junk your beloved old car and buy you a new one without first asking your permission. (Yes, Mr. Grey, I’m looking at you.)
So there you have it—just a few of the stellar qualities of Beta, that quiet hero lurking in the corner, waiting for you to get tired of Mr. Alpha Show-off.
Are you in love with Beta yet? I am!
Connect with Joy: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
Joy's Sexy New Paranormal: The Night Everything Fell Apart
The Nephilim, demon descendants of fallen angels and human women, walk among us. These powerful beings play a deadly game, battling for control of fractured Nephil magic and the mastery of the human race.
He should be dead
Arthur Camulus is the heir of Merlin Ambrosius, the most powerful Nephil ever to walk the Earth. Merlin’s vision—a world in which Nephilim and humans live in peace—is a radical notion, one Arthur has risked everything for. But the ancient magic he’s inherited from his ancestor is too strong. It’s driving him insane and threatening the balance of power on Earth. Forces both dark and light seek his destruction.
She’s his one link to sanity
The moment Cybele Herne saw the grieving boy the Druid clan alpha brought to Texas from England, she knew he was different. Seven years later, Arthur is her best friend and lover. But if he can’t tame his power, and defeat their enemies, Cybele’s dormant Nephil magic will be usurped by rivals. She’ll live out her life as a thrall.
With time running short, Arthur and Cybele search for a way out of the maze of treachery. One fateful night, a beacon of hope appears. But when Arthur reaches for it, the forces of Heaven and Hell collide.
And everything falls apart.
Available Here: Amazon